Monday, April 23, 2012

Love Change

Now evening, the breezes waft in, carrying the smells of a quiet evening, freshly mown grass, and the trees' silent but energetic, joining approval.  Cows bellow in the cool.  These beauties came to me today for the first time, when I shut off the mower for a moment.  They trundled up, Bossy first, then a couple of yearling bulls, and three fresh little clean little shiny little adorable calves.  In my conversation with them all--their brown eyes were so attentive--we talked over the tastiness of the long grasses I doled out to each......Bossy wanted it all so I had to spread it around some.  I finish mowing my hard-won lawn........it's all up to me now. 

Love that.  I can stop anytime and dance till I'm breathless.  Music feeds me, especially when combined with movement.  Sometimes I cry, it's all deeply, powerfully beautiful.  Who needs food when there is music and dance??

A little wine, resting in the air of the setting sun.  A friend to joke and share the deeper stuff with.......Bless you, World.  Bless us all, every one.  The peace in my heart exceeds anything I have ever felt. 

1 comment:

  1. OK - I commented and it disappeared - it was a goody too!

    My Mother loved cows - at least she liked pictures of them - she thought they were funny. Gary Larsen of The Far Side seemed to think they were funny also. If you ever had the sheer joy of reading Walter R. Brooks talking animals books, you'd see he presented them as placid and wiser than other animals - Mrs Wiggins, the cow, was elected president of the First Animal Republic.

    I don't dance much, and i realized suddenly recently that I don't sing all the time like I used to (it sometimes annoyed my co-workers). Mom always sang around the house, as did several of my brothers as they worked at something repetitive or time-consuming, but not strenuous. I wonder when and why I stopped? I love the songs that move me so much, but I have stopped singing. Note to self - examine this!

    ReplyDelete