Tuesday, November 13, 2012

You call me ‘Warrior Woman’ and then tell me I cannot use the word ‘battle’
Blasted romantic
Kiss my eyes, then take that leave you so desperately want
Shall we call our pain beautiful, like birth
Sure, if it makes you feel better about my BATTLE cries
The Big Bugaboo, Sex, your adversary?  You say you adore me, you make love like a God
Then you pull away, and leave me hung out to dry before I knew you were even gone
You say I cannot live closer to your town, then you say let’s make a baby
I say I’m afraid to fall, you say you think we are both falling
You say I’m the purest, that I am only Love, so I lean in to kiss your higher heart
And your body disappears
You say you will meet me out over the ocean
then you will not say anything
You take my breath away then you suggest I breathe
You wonder why and how I could be so upset
That’s what mirrors are for you know, look closer, I’m there too, right behind you, shining
Open your eyes you are being selfish and calling it God

No comments:

Post a Comment