Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Once In Marriage Given

This is it.  I’m yours for what’s still left of life, for better or worse. 
It’s all good, with you.  It’s all His Beauty.
I’ve made the choice to legally marry before
Who needs the law at such a time.  Now that aspect seems superfluous. 
This is about commitment, and the law has naught to do with that heart of hearts.
In the past lie my erroneous efforts at what I thought
Sort of looked like Love; I hoped, I watched.  And too soon saw my mistake.
My failures, my ignorance, each and all.  I did my level best to do each well though
Even after I knew it was all wrong, for years…
God knows this truth. 
For you, my life’s beloved, worlds away from my misguided hopes with others
I will dance or suffer anything.  Let me learn all birth: share any pain and also the baby,
You with me, and I with you.  God with us,  together.
 The celestial music lies between us, and the keen blade
Can never cut deep enough to sever my adoration. 
You can be whoever you most need to be, please, and always. 
I’ll be waiting, for weeks if needed,  at the dinner table with a meal, open ears, and sparkling eyes
All yours.  We’ll say Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment