Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It was in that ancient city of Cuzco that I first became
Tangled, in the confusion and darkness of The Path
Cuzco, the center, the navel of the Universe they say
From which all paths lead, into and out of
Consciousness, unconsciousness and every arena Between

Roaming the clean-swept, impoverished streets, dogs of every color and shape
Detached, or hopeful, or given up to find sleep
Their innocence and hunger gets my hackles up
But I walk on, going to market
Hoping for a bell-ringing clue; some color; an easy giggle even

When I left that city, I begged to be allowed to boil it all down
Something to spark my recognition of Hope, a gleam retained
Boarding that air-glide alone, too alone
My faith just a tingle at my fingertips, I flew the northern path, Ancestors,
To this new Cuzco, La Center, where I know not one soul heart-to-heart.

The boil-down came to me when I first felt the ground again
Love and Trust.  That’s It.  The magic words for the earth-bound Human
No more is needed.  Still, it often sounds hollow, like a bell toned long ago
But I’ll carry that true memory, that one-note song
And my feet from here on out will dance the radiating Light of All that Is

No comments:

Post a Comment